Author Topic: Clear crystal turned black  (Read 2593 times)

Offline turtlegoddess

• Master in Usui Reiki Rhoyo I II & III
  • SRI Senior Member
  • I'm a turtle - with a hint of Dragon!
    • Cosmic Life Choices
Clear crystal turned black
« on: July 27, 2006, 05:42:36 AM »
My husband has a quartz crystal that was clear when he first started wearing it on a leather thong around his neck.  Just recently it has started turning dark.  It appears to keep getting darker and darker, and is a dark smokey now and looking like it is going to turn black. 

I have not cleansed it for a long time.  Could this be what is causing this?

If so, what would be the best way to cleans it?  I've been told to bury it in the earth with sea salt, or to leave it in direct sunshine, or to put it inside a paper pyramyd.  But no one has told me how long I should do any of these things.

I'm not real familiar with crystals except how to energize them, so any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
TG
Usui Reiki Rhoyo I II & III
Oneness Deeksha Facilitator

Offline Tamara

• Usui Shiki Ryoho M/T, Certified Crystal Healing Therapist, Holistic Reiki Therapist
  • SRI Member
Re: Clear crystal turned black
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 05:50:02 AM »
TG.

My first instinct upon reading this was for you to bury it.  Bury it and leave it.
I don't think it's negative or harmful or anything, I just get the feeling that She has served Her primary purpose and She needs to be put to rest now.

Only my gut reaction tho.
I've been wrong once before  ;)

Take care
Tamara
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; They just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Offline turtlegoddess

• Master in Usui Reiki Rhoyo I II & III
  • SRI Senior Member
  • I'm a turtle - with a hint of Dragon!
    • Cosmic Life Choices
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 06:27:59 PM »
Yeah, I felt the same thing.  I'm thinking that if I bury it with the sea salt and leave it until spring, she may again be ready for use.  But she has really worked her magic on my husband.  He is a different person than he was prior to me giving it to him.

He has lost most of his negativity and has restored his self confidence.

I believe I will get him a new one out of my collection and fix it up for him to continue to rebuild his self worth, and leave this one burried with one of my favorite bushes until spring.

Thanks for the advice.

Blessings,
TG
Usui Reiki Rhoyo I II & III
Oneness Deeksha Facilitator

Offline Tamara

• Usui Shiki Ryoho M/T, Certified Crystal Healing Therapist, Holistic Reiki Therapist
  • SRI Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 10:42:03 PM »
I am so happy to hear of such a wonderful experience with an equally wonderful outcome.

Congratulations to you and your husband and thank you for sharing this with us!

Sincerely
Tamara
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; They just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Offline skydust

• Usui Reiki II
  • SRI Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 08:00:36 PM »
i believe it could be that the darkness is all the negative energies it has absorbed over time. you said you have seen many positive changes in your husband, so the crystal probably 'sucked up' all the negativity. perhaps it is better, as you said, to get him a new one.

capricornfirehorse

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 07:33:08 AM »
Hi there,

Being a Pagan I usually cleanse new crystals when I buy first buy them to clear any energies of others who have handled it.

There are several ways of cleansing crystals.

salt water, smudgeing, buring it in the earth, sunlight, and moonlight.
Seing that the crystal has turned back I would cleanse it in seasalt or rocksalt and water during the waning moon for about 3 nights then bury it in the earth for a whole lunar cycle.

I hope this helps

Capricornfirehorse ( Cap )